Tacos are a delicious and easy-to-prepare meal that can be enjoyed by those with arthritis. Here is a recipe for tacos that is simple, flavorful, and arthritis-friendly:
Click Here to Find Arthritis Pain Products
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef or turkey over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through about 8-10 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the spice mixture to the skillet and stir to coat the meat.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave or in a dry skillet.
- To assemble the tacos, place a few spoonfuls of the meat mixture onto each tortilla. Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side, if desired.
This recipe is low in fat and high in protein, making it a great choice for individuals with arthritis. Additionally, the use of soft corn tortillas instead of crispy taco shells can help reduce the risk of damaging the teeth or jaw. Fresh toppings, such as lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro, provide additional vitamins and nutrients that can help support overall health.